- 1 slide bread
- 2 free range eggs
- 50g of soft vegetables (courgette, spring onion, peppers, etc)
- splash of milk (diary, soya, oat, etc).
- Oil spray / 2 tbsp oil
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Baking tray
- Mixing bowl
- Muffin tin/cases
- Put the oven on 160°C
- Rinse the vegetables and dry them thoroughly
- Using the chopping board and knife, dice the vegetables into 1cm chunks. Once chopped, place into the mixing bowl
- Spray/pour the oil on the vegetables and mix with the spoon. Place evenly on the baking tray and put in the oven
- While the vegetables are cooking, tear up a slice of bread into thumb sized pieces. Add to the mixing bowl
- After 15 minutes, take vegetables out of oven and add to the mixing bowl. Stir everything together
- Put a spoonful of the mixture into a muffin tin/case until everything has been used. Try to get an even amount of bread into each muffin
- Using the same mixing bowl, crack the eggs, add milk and stir using a fork
- Pour the egg mixture over each muffin until nearly at the top. Hopefully it fills the same number of muffins
- Place the muffin tin/cases into the oven for roughly 15 minutes
- Check that the egg has cooked and top has browned. If not, leave in for 2 minute intervals
- Take out and let cool down
- Add herbs and spices to the egg mixture.
- Use stale bread to stop it from going to waste. Preferable to use wholemeal.