- Chopping board
- 1 mixing bowl
- Sharp knife
- Serving plate
- Non-stick baking tray
- Metal spatula
- Oven glove
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Place the ½ potato flat on the chopping board and using the bridge hold, cut them down the middle with a sharp knife.
- Cut these into halves again and place into a mixing bowl.
- When all the wedges are in the mixing bowl, add the oil, salt and pepper. Give the bowl a quick toss so the oil covers all sides of the wedges.
- Place the wedges onto a baking tray, pouring on any excess oil over the them. Put into the oven on the top shelf.
- Chop the spring onion and chives and put into the mixing bowl along with the soured cream. Using a tablespoon give them ingredients a mix and put on the serving plate.
- After 10 minutes, use the metal spatula to turn the wedges to crisp on the other sides. Wait another 10 minutes and use the oven glove to take out the baking tray. Empty wedges onto serving plate along with dip. If after the additional 10 minutes, the wedges are still not to liking, leave in oven for 5 minute intervals.
- In addition to using salt and pepper, sprinkle on some paprika or chili powder to give the wedges a little heat. To add some tanginess, use a squeeze of lemon instead of the oil.
- Substitute the onion and chive dip with soya based yogurt or low sugar ketchup/dip.