- 1/4 carrot
- Small handful bean sprouts
- 1/8 pepper
- 2 mushrooms
- 1 spring onion
- 1 filo pastry sheet
- Pinch 5 spice
- Vegetable oil
- 1 mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Chopping board
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cut sheets of baking paper to fit on the baking trays
- Wash the vegetables and dry off with towel
- Grate the carrot and place on paper towel
- Trim the spring onion at both ends, cut lengthways down the middle then use knife or scissors to chop into smaller bits. Place on a paper towel
- Chop the mushroom and red onion into thin strips and place on paper towel
- Take handful of bean sprouts and place on paper towel
- Once all vegetables are dry transfer them to a mixing bowl and add 5 spice. Use the spoon to give everything a good mix together.
- Depending on what size spring rolls you want, cut the filo pastry sheet into 2 or 4 equal parts
- Place the mixture at the top of the pastry sheet, wrap over twice, fold the edges in and continue to roll. Make sure fold in underneath.
- Place on the baking paper. Use your finger to dip in the oil and rub on the spring rolls until covered.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Sprinkle over sesame seeds or crushed sunflower seeds for added crunch
- Sprinkle on any remainder 5 spice.
- Make sweet spring rolls with fruits and honey. Use fruits like pear, apple, mango that will not become too wet when cooked