- 40g bulgar wheat
- ½ salad tomato
- ¼ onion or 1 spring onion
- ¼ cucumber
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ juice lemon
- handful of parsley
- handful of mint
- Boiling water
- Serving bowl
- Food scales
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Add the bulgar wheat to a bowl and fill with boiling water just so it covers the bulgar wheat. Place a saucer over the bowl and leave for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash the tomato, cucumber and peel the onion. Dice the vegetables into very small pieces and put everything into a serving bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon into a serving bowl and add the olive oil.
- Finely chop the parsley and mint leaves and add to the serving bowl.
- Check the bulgar wheat has absorbed all or most of the water and is tender. If not, leave for another 5-10 minutes. Once tender, remove all excess water and add to the serving bowl.
- Using a spoon, mix all the ingredients in the serving bowl together.
- Use microwavable rice is learners are coeliac
- Add a stock cube to the boiling water used to pour over the bulgar wheat to add more flavour
- Serve with feta cheese and/or flatbreads to give some different textures