- 1/6 red cabbage
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/6 iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1 medium sized tomato
- Chopping board
- Wash all of the vegetables thoroughly
- Cut the tomato in half. Placing flat side down on the chopping board cut into half again. Using the spoon, scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Dice the tomato into 1cm cubes. Put tomato into the container in a row.
- Grate the carrot. Place next to the tomato in the container.
- Using hands, take out the seeds of the yellow pepper. Cut into 1cm strips, then into small cubes. Place in a row next to the yellow pepper.
- Separate the layers of the lettuce and repeat the same process with the yellow pepper. Cut into strips then into cubes. Put into container.
- Repeat the process with the red cabbage as lettuce and yellow pepper and place into container.
- Add more vegetables of different textures/grades of colours.
- Create a rainbow fruit salad choosing fruits like strawberries, satsumas, bananas, kiwis and cherries