- 1 ltr water
- 100g oats
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- Muslin cloth
- 2 mixing bowls
- Elastic band
- Put the oats in the blender and mix until it’s a powder
- Add the water into the blender and quick a mix for 5 seconds
- Place the muslin over the bowl and secure with an elastic band. Make sure there is a little dip in the cloth.
- Gently pour the oat mixture into the muslin. Ensure it doesn’t overflow or get too near the top.
- Watch the mixture filter through. Using the spoon, stir the mixture until you are left with the oats. Put into the other mixing bowl.
- Repeat the process until all liquid mixture is gone.
- Pour the milk back into the blender and add the xanthan gum and blend for 3 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into bottles and refrigerate until needed.
- Use the discarded oats to make oat cakes, cookies or add milk to make porridge the next day.
- Sweeten with a teaspoon of honey or agave syrup.