Next academic year will be an exciting time for myChange as we will be delivering one programme to schools – Healthy Me. This programme has been fine tuned over two years of delivery and includes a holistic approach to nutrition. Our workshops, gardening and cooking club experiences, we aim to educate the children using food labels/packaging, engaging resources and finishing off with a little bit of food prep to get them thinking about new snacks.
The programme runs for 6 sessions over a 6 week period; each session lasting for 1 hour. We’ll talk all things food and nutrition for the first 45 minutes then end each session with 15 minutes exercise and a healthy snack. The programme has many benefits including:
- Targets the curriculum and a whole school approach
- contributes towards accreditations such as the Healthy Schools Award and the School Games Mark
- can be used for staff CPD
- meets Ofsted framework for Personal Development rated ‘good’
- goes towards the 60 minutes of physical activity per day
- encourages healthier eating habits and improved health outcomes.
In addition to the Healthy Me programme, schools are able to bolt on a gardening or cooking club to continue the learning. Schools that book sessions for the entire academic year will receive an whole days training on nutrition and healthy eating so they are able to embed this into their curriculum.